London, Sep 23 : A teacher devised an unusual way to keep her kids from drug peddlers – she herself supplied them with cannabis.
The teacher, who is in her 40s, admitted supplying cannabis to her own children, to stop them buying it from street dealers.
The woman, a regular drug user, told police she wanted to prevent her two teens being exposed to criminals who might lure them into harder drugs and crime.
Officers found 116g of cannabis resin, worth around 200 pounds, at her home near Bury St Edmunds.
"There's no doubt she is a liberal parent. She owns up to giving them the drug but not to starting them off,” the Mirror quoted Defence lawyer Kevin McCarthy, as saying.
District Judge Robert Booker warned her at St Edmundsbury magistrates court that she could be jailed when she is sentenced on October 9. (With Inputs from ANI)
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit