BSE Sensex breached 16,000 level in today's trading session and closed at four month low. BSE Sensex closed 1.83 per cent lower at 16030. For BSE Sensex, 52-week low is 15,190 and if the economic troubles continue, market experts believe that we may see further lows for Indian market. In the past three months, the markets have declined 11.7 per cent.
Among sectors, Automobiles, Banking, Capital Goods, Consumer Durables and Metals were major losers. All sectoral indices closed in the red.
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit