Taiwanese mobile device and computer manufacturer, Acer has indicated that it is planning to showcase its first phablet at the upcoming Computex Tech fair in Taiwan in June.
Acer will join the likes of Samsung, Huawei, HTC, Sony and some smaller players, who are already offering devices in the category. The company has not announced information about the hardware makeup of the device. S T Liew, Smartphone Business Group President at Acer had hinted that the company might release the new phablet Liquid S series at the technology event, which is set to be organised in Taipei in June.
It is believed that the company will price the phablet aggressively to compete better with the existing players in the market in the category. Jim Wong, Acer Corporate President has said that the product will come with special features in terms of size, camera and software. Wong also spoke about another much improved device that is to be launched later in the year.
Phablets had emerged as a separate category of electronic gadgets. The most dominant player has been Samsung with its Galaxy Note and several players are looking to enter the segment to tap into the markets other than the highly competitive smartphone and tablet markets.
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore