Yahoo!-branded sportsbook opens at Venetian Las Vegas Casino Resort

Yahoo!-branded sportsbook opens at Venetian Las Vegas Casino Resort

The Venetian Resort Las Vegas, a luxury hotel-casino resort located on the Las Vegas Strip in Paradise (Nevada), recently announced the debut of its new Yahoo! Sportsbook. The new Yahoo! Sportsbook spans more than 12,000 sq. ft. on the main casino floor of the Strip casino hotel. Under the Yahoo! Brand, it is the first brick-&-mortar sports wagering venue. The new sportsbook will be supported by William Hill technology.

Patrick Nichols, President & Chief executive Officer (CEO) of Venetian Resort Las Vegas, said in a statement that the new facility will enable sports betting enthusiasts to enjoy wagering on their favourite sports in a comfortable environment. He also revealed that the partnership with Yahoo would bring additional surprises.

Speaking on the topic, Nichols said, “This redesign pulls through the relaxed feeling of watching a game with your friends — plush sofas, lounge chairs, great game-day eats with the convenience of betting powered by William Hill … we’re sure to have additional surprises in store for our guests as we move into football season and beyond.”

As for the use of William Hill technology for the new sportsbook is concerned, it is really interesting because casino giant Caesars Entertainment controls that brand in the U.S. market.

Yahoo is best known as one of the world’s leading internet search companies. While the search giant is not well known in the field of sports betting, it is quite active in fantasy sports. In short, it has only a modest sports wagering footprint. However, that could change sooner than later as the company has started intensifying its focus on sports betting business as well.

In fact, the Yahoo! Sports unit is one of the parent firm’s most profitable units. It has the 2nd largest fantasy sports platform, just after the ESPN. Now, it is attempting to broaden its footprint in the field of sports wagering.

The new Yahoo-branded sportsbook is part of a larger $1 billion-plus remodelling project that aims to add new amenities to the Venetian Las Vegas to attract more customers. It is also worth noting here that the gambling-friendly Strip property is operated by private equity giant Apollo Global Management, which is listed on New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). It also owns 90 per cent of Yahoo. The remaining 10 per cent of the internet search business is owned by Verizon Communications.

Technology Update: