South Korean electronics giant, LG has said that it is planning to launch a new LTE TDD enabled smartphones in the Indian market and five other countries within this year.
The company will also launch the device in China, North America, Japan and Australia during the year. LG had first begun working with the LTE TDD service in association with China Mobile at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2013. LG has said that it will first launch Optimus G smartphone in Saudi Arabia in association with Saudi Telecom Company (STC).
Dr. Jong-seok Park, President and CEO of the LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company said, "LTE TDD is a superior alternative in some countries due to its flexibility in uploading and downloading content. We're excited to offer consumers LTE TDD capable smartphones based on our unparalleled knowhow in 4G LTE technologies. With the commercial introduction of LTE TDD service, LG will build upon its expertise in 4G LTE by offering future device options utilizing this standard."
Meanwhile, , LG has said that it is planning to launch two new smartphones in its L series called, LG Optimus L3 and LG Optimus L5 in the Indian market.
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore