After 20 years the Ruchika Girhotra case has been finalized and the main convict SPS Rathore was sentenced for one and half years of jail. This has been in news for a long time in India. SPS Rathore was accused of molesting Ruchika when she was a teenager 20 years back.
After the issue, the girl has committed suicide and then Rathore had also used all his power to condense the case. But finally, the court has given the final verdict. It has dismissed Rathore's plea and the case was terminated in a court of Chandigarh. Rathore has been sentenced to go to jail for eighteen months and to be taken into custody immediately.
The case means a great to the Ruchika's family. Not only Ruchika's family, her close friend Aradhana's father Anand Prakash also thanked the court for the judgment by saying that nobody is beyond the law. Prakash's family was engaged in that battle since 20 years for the justice. He has also said that they are happy to know the final verdict and they are satisfied with the judgement.
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit
- No refills for multiple cooking gas connection holders from June 1