In a noteworthy move which apparently indicates the beginning of a new era for popular video platform Twitch, the company said in a Monday announcement that it intends launching a Twitch Turbo subscription service, at a $9 monthly premium, to offer its users a better experience when they are watching its programming.
The new subscription option which Twitch - one of the leading e-sports platforms - plans to launch will not only give the users the advantage of uninterrupted viewing because there will be no advertisements, but will also unfold a wide array of other benefits for them, including ad-free broadcasts.
According to the information shared by Twitch, the Twitch Turbo subscribers will also get an exclusive Turbo badge, which is given only to paying members. In addition, a few other benefits which will be available to the premium subscribers will include priority customer support, a custom emoticon set, and expanded chat colors.
Terming the above-mentioned Twitch Turbo advantages as "just the beginning" of what the company is optimistic about offering via the premium subscription service, Twitch said that it would seek inputs from its users about the benefits which they would like to be added to the Turbo service in future.
Meanwhile, as per Twitch, those users who want to subscribe to the company's new Turbo service will soon be able to do so through the website of the company.
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study