Tata Communications has reported a net loss of Rs 260.94 crore in the fourth quarter of the financial year till March 2012.
The company said in a filing with the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) that it had reported a net loss of Rs 156.51 crore in the same period of the previous year. On a standalone basis, it posted a 51.76 per cent increase in net profit at Rs 38.2 crore for the fourth quarter compared to Rs 25.17 crore in the same period previous year.
The consolidated income from operations for the company increased in the fourth quarter to Rs 3,961.28 crore compared to Rs 3,068.83 crore for the same quarter in the 2010-11 fiscal, the company said in the filing.
The board of directors of the company has recommended a dividend of Rs 2 per share for the financial year 2011-12, the company added. The shares of the company rose under one percent and were trading at Rs 204.75 on the BSE in the morning trade at the time of reporting. On the other hand, the shares of the company were trading at Rs 204.40 on NSE, up 1.1%.
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit
- No refills for multiple cooking gas connection holders from June 1