Asian shares slipped slightly on Monday, while gold and oil jumped amid reports of a prospective framework for new bond purchasing scheme by the European Central Bank (ECB).
On Monday, spot gold reached a fresh 4-month high of $1,676.45 per ounce, spot silver jumped to a near four-month high of $31.17 per ounce.
Supply concerns pushed oil futures up by more than $1 on Monday, while both U. S. crude and Brent jumped by 1.6 per cent to $97.69 and $115.38 per barrel.
- Microsoft has most partner friendly approach, says Satya Nadella
- Windows 9 will be free update for Windows 8 users
- Apple says vast majority of OS X users unaffected by 'Shellshock' bug
- Apple calls complaints of bent iPhones extremely 'rare' phenomenon in its defence
- Google Glass doesn't make texting safer behind the wheel