India's leading automaker, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) has said that its sales has fallen 1.06 per cent to 1,14,205 units in January 2013.
The company had sold a total of 1,15,433 units in the same month of the previous year, MSI said in a statement. MSI said that the total domestic sales fell 1.96 per cent to 1,03,026 units compared to 1,01,047 units during the same month of the previous year. The company's exports fell 22.29 per cent to 11,179 units during January, 2013 compared to 14,386 units in the same month of 2012.
The company said that the sales of passenger car in the domestic market grew to 88,557 units from 88,377 units in the same month of 2012. Sales in the mini-segment cars fell 10.68 per cent to 46,479 units in previous month compared to January 2012. The company offers M800, A-Star, Alto and WagonR models in the segment.
Its sales in the compact segment comprising Estilo, Swift and Ritz models fell 6.79 per cent to 24,006 units from 25,756 units in January of 2012. MSI's DZiRE model recorded an increase of 97.52 per cent to 17,060 units to 17,060 units in January from 8,637 units in the same month of the previous year.
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island