India's leading automaker, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) has said that its sales has fallen 1.06 per cent to 1,14,205 units in January 2013.
The company had sold a total of 1,15,433 units in the same month of the previous year, MSI said in a statement. MSI said that the total domestic sales fell 1.96 per cent to 1,03,026 units compared to 1,01,047 units during the same month of the previous year. The company's exports fell 22.29 per cent to 11,179 units during January, 2013 compared to 14,386 units in the same month of 2012.
The company said that the sales of passenger car in the domestic market grew to 88,557 units from 88,377 units in the same month of 2012. Sales in the mini-segment cars fell 10.68 per cent to 46,479 units in previous month compared to January 2012. The company offers M800, A-Star, Alto and WagonR models in the segment.
Its sales in the compact segment comprising Estilo, Swift and Ritz models fell 6.79 per cent to 24,006 units from 25,756 units in January of 2012. MSI's DZiRE model recorded an increase of 97.52 per cent to 17,060 units to 17,060 units in January from 8,637 units in the same month of the previous year.
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study