London, Aug 13 : Nicolas Sarkozy and Carla Bruni are planning to have their first child together in 2011, a leading French magazine has claimed.
And the reason behind the timing is: the French leader hopes that having a baby will boost his chances of winning the presidential election the following year, it has been reported.
Popular weekly magazine Voici revealed that the French first couple had set a precise date for starting a family, reports The Telegraph.
Sarkozy, 54, has three children from two previous marriages, while his Italian-born former supermodel wife, 41, has one son from a previous relationship.
Quoting sources in the National Assembly, the lower house of parliament, Voici wrote: "The presidential couple are thought to have chosen to keep the ''pregnancy card'' up their sleeve to ensure public sympathy ahead of the next presidential campaign in 2012. The rumour has been circulating for several weeks." (ANI)
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell