Pune/New Delhi, Jan 7 : Two- and three-wheeler maker Bajaj Auto Monday launched its 100 cc motorcycle Discover 100T priced at Rs. 50,500 (ex-showroom New Delhi).
"The all-new Discover 100T delivers the power of a 125cc with the economy of a 100cc to bring in the joy of riding to this segment," said K. Srinivas, president, motorcycle business, Bajaj Auto.
"While 100cc bikes do offer good mileage, their style, features and performance leave a lot to be desired. The steady growth of the more expensive 100cc bikes at the cost of the cheaper models is a clear evidence of this."
According to the company, the new bike is powered by a patented four-valve DTS-i technology engine which delivers 10.2 Ps of power and a fuel efficiency of 87 km per litre.
The engine is also coupled with five-speed gear box and auto choke for easy start in all weather conditions.
Goldman Sachs in a Jan 4 report included Bajaj Auto in its Asia-Pacific "growth recovery" group of stocks that are expected to see favourable growth and valuations in 2013. (IANS)
- Sony's SmartEyeglass to be available for purchase by March
- Electric car sets new 204.9 miles-per-hour world land speed record
- Facebook dispenses apprehensions about its iOS8 app privacy setting changes in blog post
- Online attack on eBay puts buyers' credentials at risk: Report
- Microsoft develops keyboard designed for iOS, Android, Windows tabs
- Siemens Plans to Acquire Dresser-Rand for $6 billion Says Sources
- OSI Group to Cut 340 Jobs in China in Relation to Food Safety Scandal
- PARK(ing) Day Celebration Turns Parking Spots into Temporary Parks
- Oasis Beverages a Russian Company Buys Pabst
- About 6.4 trillion calories to be cut from food products