Pune/New Delhi, Jan 7 : Two- and three-wheeler maker Bajaj Auto Monday launched its 100 cc motorcycle Discover 100T priced at Rs. 50,500 (ex-showroom New Delhi).
"The all-new Discover 100T delivers the power of a 125cc with the economy of a 100cc to bring in the joy of riding to this segment," said K. Srinivas, president, motorcycle business, Bajaj Auto.
"While 100cc bikes do offer good mileage, their style, features and performance leave a lot to be desired. The steady growth of the more expensive 100cc bikes at the cost of the cheaper models is a clear evidence of this."
According to the company, the new bike is powered by a patented four-valve DTS-i technology engine which delivers 10.2 Ps of power and a fuel efficiency of 87 km per litre.
The engine is also coupled with five-speed gear box and auto choke for easy start in all weather conditions.
Goldman Sachs in a Jan 4 report included Bajaj Auto in its Asia-Pacific "growth recovery" group of stocks that are expected to see favourable growth and valuations in 2013. (IANS)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study