Washington, Mar 14 : Brazilian model Adriana Lima's basketball star hubby Marko Jaric has been cleared of the charge of sexually assaulting a woman.
Jaric, 30, a Serbian currently playing for Memphis Grizzlies, was being probed after it was alleged last week that he had assaulted a woman in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
As per Sports Illustrated, the basketball player insisted that the accusations were "100 per cent false".
"I received official word from the Philadelphia District Attorneys office that after a thorough investigation no charges will be filed against my client, Marko Jaric, in connection with the alleged incident with an unnamed female on February 11, 2009 while his team was in town to play the (Philadelphia) 76ers," Contactmusic quoted a representative for Jaric as saying.
"Persons in Marko''s position are often the target of malicious statements and it is not unusual for the police to be asked to investigate.
"However, these allegations were proved to be completely false, and while Marko is extremely unsettled by these accusations, he is happy that the law enforcement authorities have cleared him of any criminal conduct and the issue can now be put to rest," the spokesperson added. (ANI)
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit