Wishtel has announced the launch of its second tablet computer, powered by Google’s open source Androidn platform in the Indian market.
The launch comes only three months after the company entered the market with its initial offering. The new Ira Thing 2 is powered by the latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and will feature a with 7-inch multi-touch display.
The new tablet has 4GB of internal memory and is powered by a 1.5GHz processor. Wishtel will offer the tablet in six colours - black, red, yellow, pink, blue and white. The company has said that the tablet has been designed and manufactured in the country.
The tablet will come with Indian language keyboard to support 14 Indian languages like Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, and Oriya. The tablet will come preloaded with TV and e-news apps allowing users to access various TV channels and news papers.
Milind Shah, Chief Executive Officer, WishTel said, “With the launch of IRA Thing 2, we wish to offer the youth of today, a device that is fun, trendy and offers access to the best of entertainment and education applications at an affordable price."
The new Ira Thing 2 will be priced affordably at Rs 6,500 in the Indian market.
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit