Mumbai, Feb 9: Maharashtra Navanirman Sena (MNS) Chief Raj Thackeray will address the Marathi media this afternoon.
National media have not been allowed to cover the event.
The press conference assumes significance as it is being held after Thackeray made derogatory remarks against 'Chhat Puja', a popular ritual in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
The Raj Thackeray-led MNS has been targeting north Indian migrants living in the metropolis and taken objection to celebrations like Chhat puja and Uttar Pradesh Diwas in Maharashtra.
The party is promoting the view that "when in Maharashtra, behave like Maharashtrians.
Earlier, violence had rocked Maharashtra as the Samajwadi Party (SP), which is largely based in Uttar Pradesh, took out a rally despite the threat of disruption by Thackeray.
Security has been tightened across Mumbai to avoid any kind of violence. (ANI)
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell