New Delhi [India], Nov. 14 : Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das has announced that a task force is being set up under the chairmanship of deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for recalibration of ATMs to expedite the process of cash transactions.
"The ATMs which are being recalibrated to dispense 500 rupee notes and 2,000 rupee notes i.e. the new series of 500 rupee notes and the 2,000 rupee notes.to expedite this process as fast as possible a task force is being set up under the chairmanship of deputy governor of the Reserve Bank. It will have representatives of banks as its members," Das told ANI.
New Delhi [India], Nov 10 : Backing the government's decision to demonetize Rs. 500 and 1,000 currency notes, Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das on Thursday said that there was a need to revive the currency as the value of rupee has depreciated after 2001, adding notes of Rs. 1,000 will be introduced in due course.
Throwing light on the other logical reasons behind the government deciding to infuse the new currency, Das said: "Firstly, the logistical reason behind the very decision was to make it convenient for the citizens to exchange or deposit the old notes and get the value out of the new notes."
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study