London, Nov 19 : Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz has revealed that team-mate Robinho has been completely open about his desire to move to Barcelona.
Though City manager Mark Hughes and CEO Garry Cook have consistently said they will not sanction the sale of Robinho as he is a vital player in the bid to qualify for the Champions League, but rumours has it that the 25-year-old does wish to return to Spain, with a move to the Nou Camp.
London, Oct. 27 : Brazilian football star Robinho has said that he is ready to quit Manchester City to be the best player in the world.
The unsettled 32.5 million pound striker said he had more of a chance of achieving his ambition by playing at Barcelona rather than at Eastlands.
According to The Mirror, the latest revelation is certain to anger coach Mark "Sparky" Hughes, who only last week told Mirror Sport he had no intention of selling Brazil star Robinho in the January transfer window.
London, Oct. 15 : Brazil football star Robinho, who is wanted by Barcelona in January''s transfer window, faces a fight to reclaim his place in the Manchester City squad, according to the club''s assistant boss, Mark Bowen.
Bowen, right-hand man to City boss Mark Hughes, said: "Robinho is a naturally-fit guy who doesn''t carry a lot of weight.
"So, once he''s back training with the group, it doesn''t take him much time to be right. But, he''s no different from any other player in the squad in that he''ll be fighting for a place when he regains his fitness, The Mirror quoted Bowen, as saying.
London, Oct. 7 : Twenty-five-year-old Brazilian superstar Robinho is on course for a shock Manchester City return - nearly a month ahead of schedule.
Robinho has been out for six weeks after breaking a bone in his ankle while on international duty.
City''s 32.5 million pound record buy returned to training on Saturday after having a protective cast removed, reports The Sun.
And the striker has now targeted the visit of Fulham on October 25 for his return to first-team action. (ANI)
London, Sep 7 : Manchester City forward Robinho has dismissed rumours of a possible move to Barcelona in the January transfer window, saying that he is targeting Premier League glory with the Blues.
“The club have set their sights high this year and backed that up in the transfer market. We''ve built a stronger squad than last year and can handle any team,” The Sun quoted Robinho, as saying.
According to reports, Barcelona have been eyeing Robinho for long, however, he has maintained that he has no intentions to leave City.
London, Aug 6 : Manchester City striker Robinho has said that following numerous multi-million pound signings, the overall attitude of the Blues has undergone a massive change and they are now as big a force as the Brazilian football team and the Spanish football giants Real Madrid.
The 25 year-old, had earlier questioned City''''s ambition soon after his 32.5 million pounds transfer from Real Madrid to City on deadline day last summer.
London, July 16 : Brazilian football star Robinho has promised his Argentine counterpart Carlos Tevez that he will not regret snubbing Chelsea to join Manchester City.
The Brazilian forward, 25, is ideally placed to pass comment as he was pursued by the two clubs back in August last year before opting for Eastlands.
Tevez has been faced with a similar dilemma since deciding to quit Manchester United.
The former Old Trafford hero opted for City despite being courted by Chelsea and Robinho maintains he will soon realise it is the right choice.
He said: "What I can say to Carlos is that I had to make the same choice last season. And I don''t regret choosing City. I have not done since the moment I signed.
Pretoria - Brazilian striker Robinho is hoping that Brazil can erase Thursday against the United States the poor impression they made in their Confederations Cup debut against Egypt.
"We are tired, but that doesn't matter. Tired or not, we will seek to do our best. We have to make the most of this moment that we are with the national team, away from our families, to return to Brazil as champions," Robinho told German Press Agency dpa in an interview.
London, June 16 : Brazilian football star Robinho has started pumping iron to try to muscle his way to more Premier League success.
The Manchester City hitman is on a bulking-up program.
According to The Sun, his Eastlands team-mates have already dubbed him Arnie — after Terminator star Arnold Schwarzenegger — and the 32 million pound ten stone ace has vowed: “I’ll be back bigger and stronger.” (ANI)
London, June 13 : Manchester City ace player Robinho has urged Argentinian striker Carlos Tevez to drop another bombshell on Manchester United, by joining him at rivals City.
United fans are still reeling over the 80 million pounds sale of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid. And they face the prospect of losing another idol in Tevez, who is leaning towards a 32 million pounds switch to Manchester City.
London, May 28 : Robinho has revealed that he is delighted at seeing arch rivals Manchester United flop in Rome during Champions League Final.
"I was cheering for Barcelona. First, because I have friends there and also because United are our biggest rivals," said Manchester City's Brazilian striker.
"I was sure Barcelona would prove they are Europe's best team. Not just Europe - they have the greatest and most powerful squad in the world," The Sun quoted him, as saying.
London, Apr. 24 : Brazilian football star Robinho has revealed that the past three months have been hell, as he is waiting to see if he would be charged with an alleged sex attack on an 18-year-old.
Robinho, 25, who also plays for Manchester City, was arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting the student at The Space nightclub in Leeds on January 14.
According to the Daily Star, City fans are convinced his off-field worries are affecting his performances on the pitch.
London, Apr 7 : Manchester City star Robinho will not face any charges over a rape allegation made against him in January.
West Yorkshire Police launched an investigation after an 18-year-old woman complained of being sexually assaulted at a nightclub in Leeds, where Robinho was partying with Manchester City teammates in the early hours of Jan. 14.
The Brazil international forward was arrested and released on bail, but police said on Monday that the Crown Prosecution Service has decided that no action should be taken after reviewing details of the allegation.
London, Mar. 23 : A furious Manchester City and Brazilian football star Robinho has demanded an apology and an explanation from erstwhile soccer great Pele for accusing him of taking drugs.
A spokesman for Brazilian Robinho said: "We strenuously refute any such suggestions. The notion of him taking drugs is absurd and we completely deny it. We are trying at this moment to get Pele to clarify the situation. We think these comments have been genuinely misunderstood or got lost in translation."
The Sun quoted the spokesman as saying further that they will press for a retraction if one does not come voluntarily.
London, Mar. 17: Roman Abramovich-owned Chelsea Football Club is hoping to recruit Brazilian star Robinho provided he is in form.
According to The Sun, the club will study Robinho’s form over the next month — to decide whether to bid for him.
The Blues missed out on Robinho, 25, when he joined Manchester City from Real Madrid in a shock 32.5 million pound switch on transfer deadline day.
Chelsea has never given up on the Samba star and previous boss Big Phil Scolari tried again in January.
London, Feb. 19 : Brazilian football star Robinho is having a huge shipment of sand delivered to his home - to play beach soccer.
According to The Sun, the Manchester City forward, 25, has clubbed together with Brazilian team-mates Elano, Glauber Berti and Jo to create the pitch.
The sand will be laid out in the grounds of his new Cheshire mansion. (ANI)
London, Jan. 30 : Brazilian football star Robinho is `overwhelmed' by the support he has received following his arrest in a rape case.
He was also grateful for the Manchester City fans' reaction during his side's 2-1 home victory against Newcastle on Wednesday night, The Star reports.
The forward, who denies any wrongdoing, told a mate: "It was brilliant to hear the applause and know that so many people are behind me."
The Samba striker is said to have found strength from the backing he has received from teammates, his club's officials and fans worldwide.
London, Jan. 29 : Brazilian striker Robinho has told friends he is "200 per cent" innocent of an allegation that he raped a teenager in a Leeds night club.
Robinho said that he went voluntarily to see the police after the complaint was made and is co-operating fully with detectives.
Publicity surrounding the claim has left the life of Britain''s most expensive footballer "in a mess," according to his friends.
The Telegraph says that he has been arrested and questioned after an undergraduate student claimed she was attacked in the early hours of the morning at Space nightclub in Leeds on January 14.
London, Jan. 29 : Brazilian soccer ace Robinho has received the full backing of the Manchester City team management and team members, days after he was accused of raping a girl in Leeds.
Currently out on police bail, Robinho showcased that support by putting in a star performance on the pitch on Wednesday, forgetting his off-field drama.
The Manchester City striker was cheered after laying on the opening goal in the 2-1 home win over Newcastle United.
London, Jan. 28 : Brazilian soccer ace Robinho was arrested for rape on Tuesday soon after flying back from his own country.
A Yorkshire University female student made the rape charge. The rape is alleged to have happened in the early hours of January 14, in the VIP area of the Space nightclub. It was reported to police that afternoon.
According to The Sun, Robinho had gone to Leeds with his teammates for a night out.
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore