Ramallah - The Palestinian Central Elections Committee announced Thursday that it will be unable to hold elections on the scheduled date of January 24 next year.
CEC Chairman Hana Nasser said the main reasons were the impossibility of holding elections when the Islamist Hamas movement would not allow a poll in the Gaza Strip and Israel would not allow voting in occupied East Jerusalem.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas announced last month that the elections would be held on January 24. (dpa)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study