Ramallah - The Palestinian Central Elections Committee announced Thursday that it will be unable to hold elections on the scheduled date of January 24 next year.
CEC Chairman Hana Nasser said the main reasons were the impossibility of holding elections when the Islamist Hamas movement would not allow a poll in the Gaza Strip and Israel would not allow voting in occupied East Jerusalem.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas announced last month that the elections would be held on January 24. (dpa)
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name