The 34th National Games to be held in Jharkhand have been further postponed and will now be held on Feb 15-28.
The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) earlier postponed the Games at the request of National Games Organising Committee (NGOC) as Jharkhand failed to develop the infrastructure in time for the Dec 1-13 event.
"The National Games date has been extended as the necessary infrastructure was not ready. The IOA has accepted the request to extend the dates and the games will take place in February," Jharkhand Sports Minister Bandhu Tirkey said.
He also said that the Jharkhand will seek Rs. 10 billion in assistance from the central government to hold the Games.
"The Jharkhand government and NGOC have agreed to seek Rs. 10 billion from the centre to conduct the Games. A delegation of the state government and NGOC will soon meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh," Tirkey said.
On the other hand it is reported that the IOA has threatened to withdraw the Games from Jharkhand if it is not held in February.
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak