The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) will officially roll out its operation from in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan on February 23rd. National Bank of Abu Dhabi is second UAE bank after Dubai Islamic Bank to open branch in Jordan. It had already received nod for opening a new branch from the Central Bank of Jordan.
Directors and Senior Management of the Bank would be in Jordan for officially inaugurating the branch which has already started its soft operations on February 7, 2010. Meanwhile, NBAD Regional Manager in Jordan Mr. Imad Marar, having a vast experience of 32 years in the banking industry, would lead the new branch in Jordan.
Meanwhile, Qamber Al Mulla, Senior General Manager International Banking at NBAD, hoped that the move would help to strengthen the presence of NBAD in the region in line with bank’s plans to expand its geographical presence.
Al Mulla further expressed, "Jordan is an important banking market that enjoys a strategic location in the region as well as on the list of countries we operate in, which stretches from Oman, Kuwait, and Bahrain in the G.C.C., Egypt and Sudan in Africa, United Kingdom, France, and Switzerland in Europe, Hong Kong in the Far East to Washington D.C. in the U.S.A."
- Windows 9 will be free update for Windows 8 users
- Apple says vast majority of OS X users unaffected by 'Shellshock' bug
- Apple calls complaints of bent iPhones extremely 'rare' phenomenon in its defence
- Google Glass doesn't make texting safer behind the wheel
- Samsung mulling launch of Galaxy Note 4 post Apple's big screen success