Ipoh (Malaysia), May 19 : The Malaysian Indian Congress has urged the Perak Government to name a street in the Teluk Intan District after late Tamilian philanthropist Vallal Rengasamy Pillai.
Vallal Rengasamy Pillai was a well-known businessman. He had financed the Tamil Festival in Penang that earned him the title "Vallal". The Tamil term means generous, magnanimous or a philanthropist.
The MIC branch chairman of Teluk Intan A. Subramaniam said Pillai's contributions are remembered not only by the Indian community but also to other communities in the area.
In a memorandum to the Perak Government, he said all the Indian organizations in the area are supporting the proposal, The Star reports. (ANI)
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island