Ipoh (Malaysia), May 19 : The Malaysian Indian Congress has urged the Perak Government to name a street in the Teluk Intan District after late Tamilian philanthropist Vallal Rengasamy Pillai.
Vallal Rengasamy Pillai was a well-known businessman. He had financed the Tamil Festival in Penang that earned him the title "Vallal". The Tamil term means generous, magnanimous or a philanthropist.
The MIC branch chairman of Teluk Intan A. Subramaniam said Pillai's contributions are remembered not only by the Indian community but also to other communities in the area.
In a memorandum to the Perak Government, he said all the Indian organizations in the area are supporting the proposal, The Star reports. (ANI)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore