A restaurant in Los Angeles is now offering a special discount to customers who agree not to use their mobile phones while dining.
The Eva Restaurant in West Hollywood is now offering a 5 per cent discount to customers if they agree to leave their phones with the staff when they come to dine at the restaurant. Owner Mark Gold said that the offer is not due to discomfort of dinners due to guests who chat on mobile phones or the glowing screens in the restaurant.
He pointed out that the move is to encourage restaurant guests to connect and interact with each other physically and not be just involved in heir technological gadgets. The staff has now been asked to offer the discount to the guests when they arrive at the restaurant.
Mr. Gold said that about half of the guests take advantage of the discount and many of them express gratitude for the opportunity to relieve themselves of their gadgets. He said that the restaurant wants to offer an experience to the guests and they believe that the cell phone is disturbance.
The restaurant has printed the offer in the menu and customers can take advantage by leaving their mobile phones with the staff members.
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit
- No refills for multiple cooking gas connection holders from June 1