Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh) [India], Jan. 11 : During a routine checking, the Kanpur Police on Tuesday recovered Rs. 10 crore in new currency notes from two cars which were heading towards Hamirpur and Lucknow.
Unable to provide any proper backing for carrying such a hefty amount of money, the police confiscated the amount and inquired the driver about the same.
The police had received information about money being carried for the upcoming assembly elections, due to which it had launched the checking operation. (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study