London, Apr 29 : Boyzone's much-awaited UK and Ireland tour has run into trouble after singer Keith Duffy collapsed following the London marathon - and had to have an emergency double hernia operation.
After a 3hour 52minute gruelling course, Duffy started experiencing shooting pains in his stomach and was rushed to the doctor.
While he's recovering after surgery, he has been told to take it easy in order to get himself in shape for the May/June tour dates.
Boyzone's Ronan Keating admitted the group would consider postponing some gigs if Keith doesn't recover.
"We wouldn't tour without him... we'll work something out," the Mirror quoted Keating as saying.
Bandmate Mikey Graham admitted the group's rehearsals are also at risk.
"No one is quite sure how long the healing process will be. It leaves us in an unfortunate position because after an hernia op you can't do too much jumping around," he said.
Speaking hours before his op, Keith said: "There'd be no way I could do this tour if I didn't have the operation. I'll just have to wait and see how it goes." (ANI)
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit
- No refills for multiple cooking gas connection holders from June 1