Mumbai, Jan 23 - Barely hours before Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan's game show "Bingo" was to go on air Saturday, channel Colors was in a panic. Its staff was running around trying to put together the inaugural episode featuring the host with his superstar father Amitabh Bachchan.
According to channel sources, Big B was busy with the promotion of his upcoming film "Rann" while Abhishek was trying to juggle dates for his movies with the television recordings.
Abhishek admits it has been a hectic time for both his father and him.
In fact the channel had another episode ready as the inaugural episode in case the episode with the two Bachchans did not work out.
"We've a bank of episodes ready. But we really wanted the two Bachchans to be together to start Abhishek's show. However, coordinating their dates was a big problem. Both of them are exceptionally busy. We finally got them to come together just a day before telecast," Colors CEO Rajesh Kamat told IANS.
Rajesh admits the recording of the episode with Abhishek and Big B was cutting it really close. "But we had no choice. We had even put the promotion on air without recording the episode. We had a bank of episodes ready. And we could've used any of them if the episode with Mr. Bachchan had not materialised," he said.
Luckily for the channel, Amitabh rushed back from Delhi just in time to record the episode with his son. (IANS)
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island