In a Tuesday announcement, bigwig US retailer Walmart revealed that it will start offering its customers a no-contract iPhone 5 or iPhone 4 via Straight Talk plan for $45 per month, from Friday, January 11.
The models which will be available from Walmart under the no-contract offer will include the $649-priced 16GB version of the iPhone5; and the $449-priced 8GB version of the iPhone 4.
Terming the contract-free iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 offer as an "industry game changing offer," Walmart said in its announcement that the no-contract Straight Talk iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 will be available online at Walmart. com, as well as from the 2,000 Walmart retail stores which sell the handsets.
While revealing that, from Friday onwards, the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 smartphones will be offered via Straight Talk on a $45 no-contract plan, Walmart also announced that customers who have a Walmart credit card - and even those who are willing to sign up for the card - will be able to further avail a $20 monthly discount; thereby bringing the plan fee to $25 per month.
About Walmart's move to offer no-contract iPhone 5 and iPhone 4, Seong Ohm - SVP of Entertainment for Walmart US - said that the retail giant believes "customers shouldn't have to choose between saving money and having the latest technology;" and added: "Now customers can have the coveted iPhone with unlimited talk, text and data without a contract."
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin