In a Tuesday announcement, bigwig US retailer Walmart revealed that it will start offering its customers a no-contract iPhone 5 or iPhone 4 via Straight Talk plan for $45 per month, from Friday, January 11.
The models which will be available from Walmart under the no-contract offer will include the $649-priced 16GB version of the iPhone5; and the $449-priced 8GB version of the iPhone 4.
Terming the contract-free iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 offer as an "industry game changing offer," Walmart said in its announcement that the no-contract Straight Talk iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 will be available online at Walmart. com, as well as from the 2,000 Walmart retail stores which sell the handsets.
While revealing that, from Friday onwards, the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 smartphones will be offered via Straight Talk on a $45 no-contract plan, Walmart also announced that customers who have a Walmart credit card - and even those who are willing to sign up for the card - will be able to further avail a $20 monthly discount; thereby bringing the plan fee to $25 per month.
About Walmart's move to offer no-contract iPhone 5 and iPhone 4, Seong Ohm - SVP of Entertainment for Walmart US - said that the retail giant believes "customers shouldn't have to choose between saving money and having the latest technology;" and added: "Now customers can have the coveted iPhone with unlimited talk, text and data without a contract."
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study