Indian Stock market went higher on Friday with NSE Nifty closing at 5099.85, gaining 56.85 points while BSE Sensex gained 199 points.
Tata Steel gained 3.9 per cent to close the day at Rs 399. Tata Motors gained 3.78% to close at 212. Sterlite Ind and HDFC Bank were among major gainers.
Stocks touching 52-week high include Ambuja Cements, Deccan Cements, Divis Labs, Marico, UltraTech Cement and Wockhardt.
PSU Banking stocks were among major losers with PNB losing 5.4% and SBI closing with a loss of 3.79 per cent. Bank of Baroda also closed lower. JP Associates closed the day at 69.85.
ICICI Bank, PNB and Bank of India announced quarter one results. Gold was trading at 29,815, marginally higher. Silver was marginally lower at 53,109.
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit
- No refills for multiple cooking gas connection holders from June 1
- REpower Systems bags cumulative orders 580 MW in 3 months
- DBT scheme for the LPG to be launched in 20 districts on June 1