New Delhi, Feb 7 : The Supreme Court on Thursday issued a order entitling slain Congress MP Ehsan Jafri''s wife Zakia Jafri to obtain the entire probe report submitted by Special Investigation Team (SIT) in the 2002 Gulberg Society riots case.
The Supreme Court overruled the two orders of Ahmedabad court denying the materials relating to the probe to Zakia Jafri.
Jafri had objected the closure report of SIT and contended that she could not file a proper protest petition against the report unless she was provided with all the documents relating to the probe by the SIT in the case.
Ehsan Jafri was among 69 people killed during the riots in the Gulberg Housing Society at Ahmedabad on February 28, 2002.
The apex court said Jafri is entitled to entire SIT report barring comments of its chief into the post-Godhra violence. (ANI)
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin