Miami, March 21 : India's Somdev Devvarman came back from a set down to make his way to the second round of the ATP Miami Masters tennis tournament here.
Somdev beat Russia's Evgeny Donskoy 4-7, 7-6 (5), 6-2 here Wednesday.
The 254th ranked Indian will now take on World No. 34 Feliciano Lopez of Spain, who got a bye in his opening round.
Somdev, who recently returned to the tennis circuit after a shoulder injury saved six break points but still failed to finish off his Russian opponent, who eventually took the set.
The second set was a much closer affair as the two players traded with the Indian levelling the match 1-1 after winning the tie-breaker.
In the third, the Indian was again put under tremendous pressure and had to save three break points to stay in the match. However, Somdev managed to convert two of the five breaks on offer on the Russian's serve and then closed out the set and match without anymore jitters.(IANS)
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island