Miami, March 21 : India's Somdev Devvarman came back from a set down to make his way to the second round of the ATP Miami Masters tennis tournament here.
Somdev beat Russia's Evgeny Donskoy 4-7, 7-6 (5), 6-2 here Wednesday.
The 254th ranked Indian will now take on World No. 34 Feliciano Lopez of Spain, who got a bye in his opening round.
Somdev, who recently returned to the tennis circuit after a shoulder injury saved six break points but still failed to finish off his Russian opponent, who eventually took the set.
The second set was a much closer affair as the two players traded with the Indian levelling the match 1-1 after winning the tie-breaker.
In the third, the Indian was again put under tremendous pressure and had to save three break points to stay in the match. However, Somdev managed to convert two of the five breaks on offer on the Russian's serve and then closed out the set and match without anymore jitters.(IANS)
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name