New Delhi, Dec 14 : Taliban trained suicide attackers have managed to enter India, with Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi and Gujarat being their prime targets, intelligence sources were quoted by a private television channel, as saying.
Security has therefore been tightened at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) and the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
Intelligence inputs suggest that the World Hockey Championships to be held in Delhi next month is also a terror target. The American Consulate in Kolkata is also considered a potential target.
The offices of the Rashtriya Swayamswak Sangh (RSS) in different cities too have been alerted.
The Central Government has issued advisories for Maharashtra, West Bengal, Delhi and Gujarat.
The channel further quoted intelligence sources as saying that the FBI would provide voice samples of terror suspect David Coleman Headley as help in further investigations. (ANI)
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell