Durban (South Africa), Mar. 11: South Africa have dumped opener Neil McKenzie and pace bowler Morne Morkel for the third Test against Australia that begins from March 19 in Cape Town.
The Proteas, who trail Ricky Ponting''s men 2-0 in the three-Test series and have surrendered their chance to take the No. 1 ranking from Australia, will also be without skipper Graeme Smith, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
Smith broke his right little finger when struck by a short ball from Mitchell Johnson while batting in this week''s second Test in Durban and is hoping to return for next month''s five-game one-day series against Australia.
Sydney, Dec 9 : Neil McKenzie, whose career was almost on the brink of ruin due to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, now stands as a major top-order driving force for South Africa in its Test series against Australia.
McKenzie’s international career seemed to have terminated in 2004 when, after 41 moderate Tests in the Proteas’ middle order, national selectors cut him adrift, The Age reported.
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore