Bangladesh's parliament, The Jatiya Sangsad, will soon have an exclusive television channel to telecast its proceedings.
Neighbor India and several parliamentary democracies across the world already have exclusive TV channels for their parliament.
A private member's bill on the subject was accepted by the Bangladesh government.
The proposed channel will be named Sangsad Bangladesh.
Information Minister Abul Kalam Azad accepted the proposal as all ruling Awami League lawmakers voted 'yes' when the speaker put the proposal to vote for approval, New Age newspaper said.
The opposition lawmakers belonging to the Bangladesh Nationalist Party-led alliance, however, refrained from taking part in the vote.
The Information minister said, "The government will take necessary steps to set up a special television channel for the parliament."
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island