Bangladesh's parliament, The Jatiya Sangsad, will soon have an exclusive television channel to telecast its proceedings.
Neighbor India and several parliamentary democracies across the world already have exclusive TV channels for their parliament.
A private member's bill on the subject was accepted by the Bangladesh government.
The proposed channel will be named Sangsad Bangladesh.
Information Minister Abul Kalam Azad accepted the proposal as all ruling Awami League lawmakers voted 'yes' when the speaker put the proposal to vote for approval, New Age newspaper said.
The opposition lawmakers belonging to the Bangladesh Nationalist Party-led alliance, however, refrained from taking part in the vote.
The Information minister said, "The government will take necessary steps to set up a special television channel for the parliament."
- Microsoft to close MSN service in China by October 31
- 8 out of 10 consumers have privacy concerns over wearable devices
- Crashed Instagram leads users to lash out on Twitter
- Social media users likelier to shirk from discussing important issues offline
- Now, 'safely' send messages while driving with Nissan's messaging assistant