Bangladesh's parliament, The Jatiya Sangsad, will soon have an exclusive television channel to telecast its proceedings.
Neighbor India and several parliamentary democracies across the world already have exclusive TV channels for their parliament.
A private member's bill on the subject was accepted by the Bangladesh government.
The proposed channel will be named Sangsad Bangladesh.
Information Minister Abul Kalam Azad accepted the proposal as all ruling Awami League lawmakers voted 'yes' when the speaker put the proposal to vote for approval, New Age newspaper said.
The opposition lawmakers belonging to the Bangladesh Nationalist Party-led alliance, however, refrained from taking part in the vote.
The Information minister said, "The government will take necessary steps to set up a special television channel for the parliament."
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Considering a Combination
- Ted Cruz Unveils Flat Tax Plan, Says it will Spur Economic Growth
- Samsung’s Business Moving in the Right Direction; Quarterly Profits Surpass Estimates
- Feds December Rate Hike Agenda Pushes Dollar to 2-1/2-months High
- Comcast Corp Reports Gain in Q3 Revenue