New Delhi [India], Jan 9 : Payment system company Paytm on Monday announced its partnership with more than 41,000 petrol pumps across 550+ districts in India to enable its cashless payment solution.
Under the partnership, the two and four wheeler owners can now pay for their fuel bills at zero surcharge using the Paytm and get rid of the hassles of tendering exact change.
Paytm's cashless payment solution has been welcomed by the country's oil industry. With more than 70 percent of the country's petrol pumps already live, the segment is growing at 200 percent month-on-month.
"We have currently enabled our zero-cost cashless payments at more than 41,000 petrol pumps across 550 districts. We are confident commuters across India will find our service extremely convenient and useful," said Senior VP Paytm, Kiran Vasireddy.
The app which is now available in 10 regional languages including Hindi is currently catering to over two million offline merchants across India. (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study