Washington, January 12 : U. S. President-elect Barack Obama has revealed that his family will be owning either a labradoodle or a Portuguese water hound.
He said that it was really tough to decide on which dog to keep as pet, in order to fulfil a key campaign promise he made to his daughters Malia and Sasha.
Earlier, Obama had revealed that the family wanted a rescue dog, but also needed a hypoallergenic puppy because of Malia''s allergies.
According to him, they have finally narrowed their choices to the two medium-sized breeds.
"So, we''re now going to start looking at shelters to see when one of those dogs might come up," the Washington Times quoted Obama as telling ABC''s George Stephanopoulos.
"We''re closing in on it. This has been tougher than finding a commerce secretary," he added.
Obama said last month that the family probably would wait until the spring to bring the dog to the White House. (ANI)
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit