Handset maker, Nokia has announced the launch of its new Asha 501 smartphone at an event in New Delhi for the Indian customers.
Nokia CEO Stephen Elop was present at the event to launch the new device in the Indian market. He said that Nokai has tied up with social networking giant, Facebook allowing Asha users on MTNL and Airtel to get free access to the social networking site on their devices. Nokia Asha 501 has a design that is similar to the popular Nokia Lumia phones. The
The device features a 3-inch fully touch-screen with a resolution of 320×240 pixels. It has a 3.2 megapixel camera and it supports memory of 4GB with the card included in box that is expandable up to 32GB and has 64 MB RAM. As for connectivity options, the smartphone offers 2G and WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0.
The device is available in Dual-SIM and Single SIM version and the battery offers up to 48 days of stand by time on Single SIM and 26 days of standby time on Dual SIM. The smartphone offesr up to 17 hours talk time. The smartphone comes with a host of apps including Facebook, Twitter, Nokia Xpress Browser, FourSquare, Bejeweled 3, Plants vs. Zombies and many others.
The Nokia Asha 501 will be available in Bright Red, Bright Green, Cyan, Yellow, White and Black colours in the country.
- Microsoft to close MSN service in China by October 31
- 8 out of 10 consumers have privacy concerns over wearable devices
- Crashed Instagram leads users to lash out on Twitter
- Social media users likelier to shirk from discussing important issues offline
- Now, 'safely' send messages while driving with Nissan's messaging assistant