In an implicit indication that a smartwatch war may be in the offing between Apple and Samsung, some new images making rounds on the Internet are believed to be screenshots of what may be a smartwatch from Samsung.
With Apple and Samsung already being the closest competitors in the smartphone and tablets markets, and with Apple reportedly developing its smartwatch - iWatch, as it is referred to on the Internet -, the screenshots hint at Samsung's Altius smartwatch which is likely to hit the markets later this year.
The screenshots of Samsung's Altius smartwatch have started surfacing on the Internet within a week of reports, from The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal (WSJ), which suggested that Apple is working on a wearable device, most likely a smartwatch.
Both the Times and the WSJ reports said that Apple has been working with its manufacturing partner Foxconn, on its iWatch; which will probably feature "curved glass" and "iOS." As per the reports, Apple has appointed nearly 100 engineers with backgrounds in sensors and related technology.
Meanwhile, going by the Altius-related screenshots, the Samsung smartwatch - which measures 500 x 500 pixels - will feature a stark, mostly black-and-white, user interface. Moreover, a Holo-esque look unveiled in the screenshots hints at the design language used by Android OS version 4 and higher.
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study