Lucknow, Apr 6 : Reacting to the call given by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for bringing back the black money from the Swiss Bank, Samajwadi Party (SP) president Mulayam Singh Yadav on Monday targeted Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati over her birthday bash.
The BJP has in its election manifesto promised that it would identify and retrieve Indian black money stashed abroad if it comes to power.
Taking advantage of this, Yadav wants to hit two birds with one stone -- the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) as well as the BJP.
SP and other political parties in the state have been protesting against the alleged extortion by the BSP for Mayawati''s birthday every year.
Addressing a news conference here, Yadav said that if it is proved, Mayawati would have to go to jail.
"Last birthday, Mayawati got 1200 crore and this year she said that it is more than the double that of last year. I request BJP, please give the details of the Indian black money. If this is proved then Mayawati, who wanted to put us in jail will herself go there," Yadav said.
Heated exchange between the political parties is on high, ahead of elections. (ANI)
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC