Berlin - German Chancellor Angela Merkel phoned Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Thursday to express shock Thursday at the terrorist attacks in Mumbai.
She also sent a message of condolence, telling New Delhi, "Our thoughts are with the victims and their families." Germany condemned "these criminal acts in strong terms."
She offered Singh German assistance in the crisis.
About a year ago, Merkel stayed in the Taj Mahal Palace hotel, one of the targets of the attackers. (dpa)
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit