Lucknow: Lucknow Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee (LGPC), on Monday, has filed a complaint against Anil Ambani, the owner of Reliance Communication, after finding insulting joke flashed on R-World, the cyber network of the business giant.
The protest accompanied widespread Sikh reaction against a joke that compared a Sikh with an animal.
Under the LPC regulation, the Sikhs threatened mass protestations in Lucknow if Reliance didn’t remove the joke and make an apology.
Mr. Rajinder Singh Bagga, president, LGPC, said, “We had informed the mobile operator through news-reports but it seems ignorant about the whole issue.... Sikhs are sporting enough to crack jokes on themselves but there's a limit to any thing. The joke was condemnable and indicates the kind of content an ordinary consumer is being served.”
Senior LGPC office holders called an emergency meeting earlier on Monday to talk about the community’s stand on the matter. They unanimously told that those who crack jokes must not take the Sikh community for granted.
“The joke is an attack on our sentiments while ignorance on the part of the mobile operator indicates callousness,” another LGPC member said.
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore