New Delhi, Mar 6 : Communications and IT Minister Kapil Sibal has launched the Electronics Project Proposal System (e-PPS), developed by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology, through the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC).
Sibal held a round table discussion with Academia, Industry and R&D organizations, here yesterday. The round table was held in order to have broad consensus and opinion on the proposed ICT&E R&D and Innovation Framework prepared by DeitY. The e-PPS system will initially operate on a pilot basis.
The Electronic Project Proposal System (e-PPS) is a web-based system that encompasses the complete life-cycle of funding of R&D projects, beginning with online submission of project proposals for funds, to monitoring and management of funded projects.
It supports the processes for online submission of project proposals, evaluation of proposals by experts, project recommendations and project monitoring.
The Electronic Project Proposal System replaces the existing manual system of project funding wherein the Project Investigators (PI) submit hard copies of R&D proposals, which are presented to a Working Group and based on the recommendations of the Working Group the proposals are further processed in DeitY.
It is a One-Go Dash-Board to see the projects from initiation to completion. It reduces the total processing time of proposals and aids easy dissemination of project information. (ANI)
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island