Ybrant Digital has acquired Lycos Inc from Korean Internet Company, Daum Communications for $36 million. The total money was paid in cash.
The Hyderabad-based company has made this takeover so that it has a stronger footing in the field of digital marketing solutions.
Now priced at $36 million, the price of Lycos when it was bought over by Terra Networks was $13 billion. The price of the company has nosedived since it was first taken over from Spanish telecom giant Telefonica in 2000.
The price that Terra paid for this was $95 million.
Talking about the deal, Suresh Reddy, chairman and CEO of Ybrant said that after this deal the global network of Lycos can be used by Ybrant and will help in creating a compelling global destination for its clients.
The earlier name of this company was USAGreetings. com and was later rebranded in 2008.
It has some key clients with it and the list of names includes Cisco, SAP, Intel, Dell, HP, Porsche, Renault, Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover, Toyota, Sony, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Blackberry, British Airways and Air France, among many others.
- Sony's SmartEyeglass to be available for purchase by March
- Electric car sets new 204.9 miles-per-hour world land speed record
- Facebook dispenses apprehensions about its iOS8 app privacy setting changes in blog post
- Online attack on eBay puts buyers' credentials at risk: Report
- Microsoft develops keyboard designed for iOS, Android, Windows tabs
- Siemens Plans to Acquire Dresser-Rand for $6 billion Says Sources
- OSI Group to Cut 340 Jobs in China in Relation to Food Safety Scandal
- PARK(ing) Day Celebration Turns Parking Spots into Temporary Parks
- Oasis Beverages a Russian Company Buys Pabst
- About 6.4 trillion calories to be cut from food products