New Delhi, July 10 : The India Bridal Fashion Week (IBFW), an exposition of Indian couture and bridal lines, will woo international patrons with its first ever international edition in 2014. It will be held in London, organiser Vijay Singh announced here Wednesday.
“We're going to London next year. I believe that any specific industry requires a new market. If you look at the Indian fashion industry, every designer is a name in outside countries as well. So why not (go international),” Singh, managing director, Fashion One International, said here.
The event has so far been held in Mumbai. It will open in the capital for the first time July 23. Scheduled to take place at The Grand hotel in south Delhi, the extravaganza will have a mix of bridal and couture collections by a range of the country's designers.
Participating designers at the six-day event are JJ Valaya, Tarun Tahiliani, Raghavendra Rathore, Shantanu and Nikhil, Falguni and Shane Peacock, Rohit Bal, Suneet Varma, Ashima Leena, Meera and Muzaffar Ali, Adarsh Gill, Jyotsana Tiwari and Rina Dhaka.
While Valaya is the opening designer, Tahiliani will present the closing collection.
There will also be a bridal expo - The Bridal Luxury Couture Exposition - which will run simultaneous with the IBFW. It will feature 65 top designers and creative wedding planners who will interact directly with the customers.(IANS)
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island