Hong Kong - Hong Kong stocks fell by more than 3 per cent Monday as pessimism over the global economic outlook pushed Asian share lower.
The blue-chip Hang Seng Index ended the day down 416.72 points, or 3.14 per cent, at 12861.4 points. Turnover was 35.6 billion Hong Kong dollars (4.59 billion US dollars).
The losses came amid regional gloom over economic prospects and contrasted with a 4.5 per cent surge in share prices on the first day of trading after the Chinese new year in Hong Kong Thursday. (dpa)
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit