Hyderabad - Infrastructure major GMR Group propose to develop airport city at Hyderabad airport with world-class facilities at a cost of Rs.750 crore.
It plans to an exhibition-cum-convention centre on about 50 acres of land comprising one lakh square meters area as part of the airport city.
The airport city proposed around Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, which GMR operates, will create 15,000 to 20,000 jobs.
A GMR team led by its chairman G. M. Rao Friday made a presentation before Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao and sought the government`s support for their plans.
The company officials met the chief minister hours after he inaugurated Schulich School of Business jointly set up by York University, Canada and GMR in the airport city.
The chief minister suggested GMR Group to give a thought to developing one more airport towards the north of the city, a hospital, a theme park and a nature cure centre near the existing airport. (PTI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study