New Delhi [India], Nov 29 : India's fastest growing digital payments platform FreeCharge has announced that it has partnered with all the three Oil Marketing Companies in India and will soon be available at all petrol pumps of IOCL, BPCL and HPCL across the country.
The list includes nearly 26,000 petrol pumps of IOCL, nearly 13,500 petrol pumps of HPCL and nearly 13,800 petrol pumps of BPCL.
In addition to more than 53,000 petrol pumps, FreeCharge will also be accepted by nearly 17,000 LPG distributors across the country and users will be able to pay for their LPG cylinder deliveries by using FreeCharge at their doorsteps.
"We salute the speed and resolve of the government in accelerating and strengthening the creation of a digital economy for the country. This is a historic step and we are proud to partner in this endeavor," said CEO FreeCharge, Govind Rajan.
FreeCharge is already live at many HPCL petrol pumps and with this its reach will cover all the petrol pumps run by the three oil marketing companies. The customers will be able to pay at fuel pumps across the country by scanning the QR code displayed at the outlets. LPG users will be able to pay by scanning the QR codes that delivery boys will carry when they make doorstep deliveries. This is a national level project and is q part of the government's push for cashless economy. (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study