Imphal, Mar 7 : Four militants were killed in an encounter with security forces in Irilbung village here on Saturday.
Police said that four heavily armed militants from the People's United Liberation Front (PULF) were shot dead near Irilbung village, about 15 kilometres from Imphal.
"We organised the operation in such a manner that we cordoned the area in two cordons outer and inner. When our inner cordon started approaching the location, some people started firing towards our parties. Our team also retaliated and firing took place for almost half an hour. After the firing was over we started searching the area and then we found four dead bodies. I think the underground militants maybe be eight to 12," said Radheshyam Singh, Superintendent of Police, Imphal East District.
Security personnel have recovered two AK-56 rifles, several hand grenades and a few rocket-propelled grenades from the site. (ANI)
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell