Melbourne, Feb 25 : Christie Whelan-Browne has been signed on to portray Elizabeth Hurley in the newly revived `Shane Warne: The Musical.'
A litany of talent has been proposed, from Natalie Bassingthwaighte to Erika Heynatz, and even Dannii Minogue's name was discussed, News. com. au reported.
But Whelan-Browne - known for known for playing Britney Spears and Olivia Newton-John in musical theatres - was the one who turned out to be the right fit for the satirical must-see.
The outrageous and award-winning `Shane Warne: The Musical' deals with the 43-year-old cricketer's infamous infidelities and infantilities.
Writer and star Eddie Perfect has updated the script for a repeat run in June, with Lisa McCune roped in to portray Warne's former wife Simone Callahan.
Theatre insiders have said that a show tune about Hurley's "f ... off" moment with Perth TV reporter Caty Price "would have to be included."
Whelan-Browne asserted that she is excited to play Hurley, saying that she is thrilled to be playing the first brunette of her career.
She added that she loves the show, Eddie Perfect and Hurley. (ANI)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore