London, Nov 8 : When Briton Wendy Batt decided to locate the tenant who trashed her apartment and ran off without paying for the damages, the last thing she expect was to be arrested for harassment. However that’s exactly what happened.
The 46-year old revealed that her search for the woman who owed her 1,200 pounds turned into a nightmare when the police came knocking on her door and arrested her instead.
Ms Batt reveals how she was held in a cell for eight hours, fingerprinted and then DNA-tested before the charges were finally dropped.
The experience, she says, made her feel like the criminal instead.
"I felt like a criminal - even though I'd done nothing wrong," the Mirror quoted her, as saying. (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study