London, Nov 8 : When Briton Wendy Batt decided to locate the tenant who trashed her apartment and ran off without paying for the damages, the last thing she expect was to be arrested for harassment. However that’s exactly what happened.
The 46-year old revealed that her search for the woman who owed her 1,200 pounds turned into a nightmare when the police came knocking on her door and arrested her instead.
Ms Batt reveals how she was held in a cell for eight hours, fingerprinted and then DNA-tested before the charges were finally dropped.
The experience, she says, made her feel like the criminal instead.
"I felt like a criminal - even though I'd done nothing wrong," the Mirror quoted her, as saying. (ANI)
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit