London, Nov 8 : When Briton Wendy Batt decided to locate the tenant who trashed her apartment and ran off without paying for the damages, the last thing she expect was to be arrested for harassment. However that’s exactly what happened.
The 46-year old revealed that her search for the woman who owed her 1,200 pounds turned into a nightmare when the police came knocking on her door and arrested her instead.
Ms Batt reveals how she was held in a cell for eight hours, fingerprinted and then DNA-tested before the charges were finally dropped.
The experience, she says, made her feel like the criminal instead.
"I felt like a criminal - even though I'd done nothing wrong," the Mirror quoted her, as saying. (ANI)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore