New Delhi, Dec 8: The Government on Tuesday said that it has set up a three member sub-committee to oversee all financial matters related to the progress of the Commonwealth Games to be held in the national capital next year.
In a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha, Minister of State for Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Pratik Prakashbapu Patil said that the members of the committee includes Secretary of the Ministry of Urban Development, Sports Ministry, Ministry of Finance and Chief Executive Officer of the Organizing Committee (OC).
The Committee will scrutinize in particular, all the decisions that are placed before the Executive Board of OC for approval, the Minister said.
Patil further stated that the total budget earmarked for the conduct of Commonwealth Games for the OC has been enhanced by the Government from Rs. 767 crore to Rs.
1620 crore, as projected by the OC of the Commonwealth Games 2010.
He also said that the Government has released a total amount of Rs. 591.56 crore to the Organizing Committee till date. (ANI)
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell