Siliguri (West Bengal), Dec 10 (ANI): One person was killed and 49 others were injured when seven bogies of the DN Brahmaputra Mail derailed about 15 km from New Jalpaiguri junction late on Sunday night.
According to railway sources, the train, which had set out from Guwahati, was headed for New Delhi when the incident occurred between Rangapani and Nijbari stations at around 11.00 p. m..
The injured are undergoing treatment at the North Bengal Medical College and Hospital in Siliguri.
The deceased identified as Mohammed Imroz who was working with pantry car of the train, as confirmed by the rescuers.
The cause of the derailment was still not clear. (ANI)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore