Siliguri (West Bengal), Dec 10 (ANI): One person was killed and 49 others were injured when seven bogies of the DN Brahmaputra Mail derailed about 15 km from New Jalpaiguri junction late on Sunday night.
According to railway sources, the train, which had set out from Guwahati, was headed for New Delhi when the incident occurred between Rangapani and Nijbari stations at around 11.00 p. m..
The injured are undergoing treatment at the North Bengal Medical College and Hospital in Siliguri.
The deceased identified as Mohammed Imroz who was working with pantry car of the train, as confirmed by the rescuers.
The cause of the derailment was still not clear. (ANI)
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island