Siliguri (West Bengal), Dec 10 (ANI): One person was killed and 49 others were injured when seven bogies of the DN Brahmaputra Mail derailed about 15 km from New Jalpaiguri junction late on Sunday night.
According to railway sources, the train, which had set out from Guwahati, was headed for New Delhi when the incident occurred between Rangapani and Nijbari stations at around 11.00 p. m..
The injured are undergoing treatment at the North Bengal Medical College and Hospital in Siliguri.
The deceased identified as Mohammed Imroz who was working with pantry car of the train, as confirmed by the rescuers.
The cause of the derailment was still not clear. (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study